Dr. Mark Salisbury is the Co-founder and CEO of TuitionFit, a company whose mission is to aid students in finding college options that are affordable and accessible. An enthusiastic champion of college price transparency, Dr. Salisbury received his PhD in educational policy from the University of Iowa and has spent more than 25 years in academia. He has been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and Money Magazine. He was also featured in The Price You Pay for College and Who Gets In and Why, which are two well-known books on college admissions.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Mark Salisbury explains how TuitionFit benefits parents and college students
- Causes of college price inefficiencies
- How TuitionFit helps families save on college tuition fees
- What to know about college offer letters
- The impact of high sticker prices on college admissions
- How to use TuitionFit
- The benefits of starting college with little debt
- Dr. Salisbury's favorite book
In this episode…
It’s no secret that college tuition is expensive. Is there any way to know if the value of education is worth the sticker price?
Information is powerful in helping families make informed decisions on which college to attend. However, there is a lack of transparency when it comes to the cost of higher education. Colleges have the upper hand in negotiating tuition prices, causing families to feel obligated to pay the full sticker price. To bridge this gap, Dr. Mark Salisbury created TuitionFit, a tool that helps families compare tuition prices and negotiate these prices with colleges.
In this episode of the Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar interviews Dr. Mark Salisbury, the Co-founder and CEO of TuitionFit, about creating transparency in college pricing. They also discuss the evolution of college prices, how high college sticker prices impact college admissions, and how TuitionFit helps families save on college tuition fees.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Pillar6 Advisors
- Roman M. Polnar on LinkedIn
- Dr. Mark Salisbury on LinkedIn
- Dr. Mark Salisbury's email: email@example.com
- The Price You Pay for College: An Entirely New Road Map for the Biggest Financial Decision Your Family Will Ever Make by Ron Lieber
- Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions by Jeffrey Selingo
- The Great Experiment: Why Diverse Democracies Fall Apart and How They Can Endure by Yascha Mounk
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.