Roman Polnar is the Founder and Managing Partner of Pillar6 Advisors, a multifaceted financial planning and wealth management firm geared toward serving successful individuals and families with active lifestyles. Roman is also a Partner at Pillar6 College Planning, where he helps families unlock debt-free money from the financial aid system so they can avoid loans and navigate the system with ease.
Roman has over 18 years of experience in the financial services profession, working for some of the nation’s most recognized names. After 10 years in the corporate world, he left to build an independent firm that would do things differently, and that’s when Pillar6 Advisors was born.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Roman Polnar discusses common mistakes families make with financial aid planning
- Why financial aid planning should start early, and Roman's advice on filling out financial aid forms
- The connection between wealth management and financial aid planning
- How Roman helped a client get over $17,000 in financial aid
- The biggest mistake families make when reporting their assets
- What makes financial aid planning different from other financial advisory services?
- The main reasons people consult with Pillar6 Advisors
- Roman talks about the benefits of having money conversations with kids
In this episode…
Putting kids through college has become even more expensive, with more families applying for financial aid to curb the cost. However, many miss out on significant opportunities because of common mistakes made in the application process.
As an advisor to families applying for financial aid, some typical mistakes Roman Polnar sees include over-reporting the value of assets, filling out and submitting application forms late, and assuming that any family can qualify for financial aid. Roman advises people to work with a professional to guide them through the application process to ensure maximum college financial aid assistance.
In this episode of the Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar sits down with Chad Franzen of Rise25 to talk about the most common mistakes families make with financial aid planning. Roman discusses the connection between wealth management and financial aid planning, the benefits of having money conversations with kids, and how he helped a client get over $17,000 in financial aid.
Resources mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.