Pay Less for College - Without Relying on Financial Aid
Nancy Paul is the Founder of The Institute for Financial Literacy in College Planning, a collaborative education center and think tank dedicated to boldly leading at the intersection of financial literacy, higher education, teen empowerment, and financial wellness. Nancy helped her daughters find over $600,000 in merit scholarships and turned that personal experience into a career helping other families afford college. She now provides coaching, consulting, and training for financial advisors, corporations, and groups that are committed to financial wellness. She is also the author of The Little Book About Scholarships and the creator of The College Treasure Chest.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Nancy Paul became an expert in college planning
- Nancy's advice on applying to affordable colleges and getting scholarships
- Why families with young kids should start college planning early
- Nancy's resources for helping families find scholarships and getting financial aid
- Why Nancy wrote the book The Little Book About Scholarships — and why she started educating financial professionals on college planning
- Is student loan forgiveness a solution?
- Nancy's advice to college counselors, financial advisors, and parents
- What does The Institute for Financial Literacy in College Planning do?
In this episode…
What is your driving force as you find the best college for your child? Is it the cost, ranking, or safety of the college?
As a mother of three, Nancy Paul was shocked (and horrified) when their college counselor admitted that she didn't consider cost when creating her daughter’s college list of “best fit” schools. College planning doesn’t mean just picking a college — it also includes financial literacy for parents, students, college counselors, and financial professionals that work with these families. Parents want the best for their children, so they should start thinking about their college education when they are still young. Before students get admitted into college, financial planning is a must.
In this episode of The Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar is joined by Nancy Paul, the Founder of The Institute for Financial Literacy in College Planning, to talk about the student loan forgiveness plan recently announced by the federal government. They also discuss why families with young kids should start college planning early, why parents and college counselors need to be financially literate, and how Nancy helps families find scholarships and get financial aid.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Pillar6 Advisors
- Roman M. Polnar on LinkedIn
- Nancy Paul's website
- Nancy Paul on LinkedIn
- The Little Book About Scholarships: Frequently Asked Questions About Scholarships. Money for College that Doesn't Have To Be Paid Back by Nancy L. Paul
- The College Treasure Chest
- The Institute for Financial Literacy in College Planning
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.
To learn more, go to www.pillar6.com or you can email us at email@example.com.