Shawn Flynn is a Principal at Global Capital Markets, a middle-market investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. As an investment banker, Shawn advises business owners on decisions involving M&A transactions and raising growth capital. He also hosts The Silicon Valley Podcast where he interviews entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and leaders in the tech industry.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Shawn Flynn shares the impact The Silicon Valley Podcast has on listeners
- What does an investment banker do?
- How M&A transactions work — and preparing for a successful transaction
- The value of working with financial advisors
- The emotional toll of the transaction process
- Who is Global Capital Markets' ideal client?
- The right time to start preparing for an exit
- Shawn's book recommendations
In this episode…
A successful M&A transaction requires cooperative participants on both the business and banking sides. It is critical that you launch your business with a growth plan and exit strategy intact. Preparing your exit strategy with ample time allows you to focus on achieving your business goals, increasing your business value, and handing it over to the buyer on your terms.
If you're a business owner looking to scale your company through a merger or acquisition, there are key points to take into consideration. According to Shawn Flynn, a mid-market investment banker, working with the right advisors is crucial. Start preparing for your exit early by providing due diligence to avoid losses and help make the transition seamless. This will also help you attract the right investors.
In this episode of the Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar interviews Shawn Flynn, a Principal at Global Capital Markets, to discuss how M&A transactions work. They also discuss common challenges business owners face in the transaction process, the value of working with a financial advisor, and when to start preparing for a business exit.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Pillar6 Advisors
- Roman M. Polnar on LinkedIn
- Shawn Flynn on LinkedIn
- Global Capital Markets
- The Silicon Valley Podcast
- Software Profit Streams(TM): A Guide to Designing a Sustainably Profitable Business by Jason Tanner and Luke Hohmann
- Never Say Whatever: How Small Decisions Make a Big Difference by Richard A. Moran
- The Private Equity Playbook: Management’s Guide to Working with Private Equity by Adam Coffey
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.