Justin Miller is a Partner and the National Director of Wealth Planning at Evercore Wealth Management and the Managing Director at Evercore Trust Company. He works with accountants, attorneys, and other advisors to provide comprehensive wealth planning advice to clients. He is a highly respected, knowledgeable, and passionate tax attorney and an Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Justin is also an adjunct professor at Golden Gate University School of Law, a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, and a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Justin Miller talks about the most significant proposed income tax changes for corporations and individuals
- The people likely to be impacted by the proposed higher personal income tax rates
- Justin's thoughts on the passing and implementation of various taxes and his recommendations on tax-saving opportunities
- Justin talks about the taxation of cryptocurrency (crypto) investments and explains why investors have to self-report taxes
- Estate planning for crypto and the amount significant enough for taxation
- Can you offset crypto gains with losses from traditional investments and vice versa?
- Can the IRS audit investors with high activity in the crypto space?
- Justin talks about fraud in the crypto world, his advice on securing crypto assets, and the benefits of working with advisors
In this episode…
In 2021, there were many tax changes that the US administration proposed. These changes would affect both companies and individuals and cover income tax, capital gains tax, and taxation on cryptocurrency (crypto) and real estate investments.
So, what should corporations and individuals know about the proposed tax changes, and what tax planning opportunities are advantageous?
In this episode of the Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar is joined by Justin Miller, a Partner and National Director of Wealth Planning at Evercore Wealth Management. Justin talks about the best practices for year-end tax planning. Justin discusses the biggest proposed income tax changes, the taxation of crypto investments, how to offset crypto gains or losses with traditional investments, and his recommendations on tax-saving opportunities. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.
To learn more, go to www.pillar6.com or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.