Andrew Bernstein is a Senior Official NBA Photographer starting his 42nd season. He is a member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and the second photographer to have ever been honored by the NBA Hall of Fame. He has photographed the LA Lakers, LA Kings, LA Clippers, and the LA Dodgers, and he has been published in virtually every major sports magazine around the world.
Andrew co-authored the book The Mamba Mentality: How I Play with Kobe Bryant. He is in the process of transitioning from on-court photography to building a sports content platform called Legends of Sport, where he hosts a weekly podcast entering its sixth season. Andrew is also the Director of Photography for AEG's Crypto.com Arena and Microsoft Theater LA Live. He runs a successful team and venue photography business.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Andrew Bernstein discusses his career accomplishments and reasons for transitioning out of sports photography
- How Andrew developed close friendships with top NBA players and sports officials
- Andrew's relationship with Kobe Bryant and how they collaborated to write The Mamba Mentality: How I Play
- The four pillars of success
- How Andrew learned about Kobe’s death
- How Legends of Sport pays tribute to honorable athletes
- What drives Andrew's desire for success?
- Andrew's book recommendation
In this episode…
What does success mean to you? Would you define it by the amount of money you make, the family you build, or the business you grow?
For Andrew Bernstein, success means being fulfilled in whatever you do, whether work or family-related. Having spent years working alongside top NBA players, Andrew learned there are four pillars to success and that success comes at a cost — being obsessed with what you do, curious about your craft, relentless in your pursuit, and overcoming obstacles will cost you time, energy, and resources, but the reward is worth it. Andrew has experienced the benefits of challenging himself and accomplishing his goals while maintaining respect for the people around him. His advice is to build trust and nurture positive relationships with others. Never give anyone a reason to distrust or doubt you.
In this episode of the Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar interviews Andrew Bernstein, a Senior Official NBA Photographer, about sports legends and why success comes at a cost. Andrew talks about the four pillars of success, honoring memorable athletes through his podcast, and his drive for success.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Pillar6 Advisors
- Roman M. Polnar on LinkedIn
- Andrew Bernstein LinkedIn | Instagram | Website
- Legends of Sport Instagram | YouTube | Website
- The Mamba Mentality: How I Play by Kobe Bryant
- The Rise: Kobe Bryant and the Pursuit of Immortality by Mike Sielski
- The Second Mountain: The Quest for a Moral Life by David Brooks
- Darleen Santore on LinkedIn
- Dr. Ben Bernstein on LinkedIn
- "Beating Stress and Being at Your Best With Dr. Ben Bernstein"
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.
To learn more, go to www.pillar6.com or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.