Patricia De Fonte is the Founder and Owner of De Fonte Law PC, an estate planning firm based out of San Francisco, California. Through her relationship-based approach, Patricia works with clients to create highly personalized value-based estate plans tailored to protect and provide for their loved ones. She is an Estate Planning Attorney highly regarded within the ProVisors community.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Patricia De Fonte explains the services provided by her firm, De Fonte Law PC
- What is estate planning?
- Why writing a will is not enough for estate planning
- Is estate planning a one-time process?
- How to ensure that assets are transferred to a trust fund
- The right time to start estate planning
- The value of collaborating with financial advisors
- Patricia talks about her company's logo and favorite books
In this episode…
What do you need to start estate planning? Which documents and professionals do you need to protect your estate and loved ones?
In estate planning, there are three key areas to consider — you, your assets, and your dependents. Have you considered who will care for you in case you become incapacitated? For your own peace of mind, it is crucial that your dependents are protected and well taken care of. Writing down a list of names is not enough. According to Patricia De Fonte, an Estate Planning Attorney, 33% of people who inherit assets lose them within three years. It is, therefore, critical to ensure the person entrusted with your assets can take good care of them to prevent losses and fights among your family and friends.
In this episode of the Pillar6 Podcast, Roman Polnar sits down with Patricia De Fonte, Founder and Owner of De Fonte Law PC, to share top tips and strategies for estate planning. Patricia explains what estate planning involves, the right time to start the process, and the value of working with financial advisors. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Pillar6 Advisors
- Roman M. Polnar on LinkedIn
- De Fonte Law PC
- Patricia De Fonte on LinkedIn
- "Using Financial Tools To Make Better Financial Decisions With Eric Dunn" on the Pillar6 Podcast
- "Sports Legends and the Four Pillars of Success With Andrew Bernstein" on the Pillar6 Podcast
- "Preparing for a Successful M&A Transaction With Shawn Flynn" on the Pillar6 Podcast
- The Silicon Valley Podcast
- Ian Burditt on LinkedIn
- Freedom Makers
- The Philosophy of Money (Routledge Classics) by Georg Simmel
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Pillar6. Pillar6 is a wealth advisory firm for successful individuals and families with active lifestyles.
Our clients appreciate having clarity and control over their finances and the peace of mind in knowing that their financial decisions are aligned with their core values, goals, and priorities. We provide financial planning services and wealth management services.
Schedule your complimentary discovery call to talk to us.